Avoir les étudiants de sciences de la nature dans notre MIRES. 2e partie : évaluation des impacts à cours terme
Following an initial article appearing in Pédagogie Collégiale (vol. 21, no 3), this article presents the preliminary results of the first edition of the MIRES program at Cégep de Sainte-Foy and Collège Mérici. The authors begin by presenting information on the evaluation procedure and the students, emphasizing that the program’s impact has been analyzed according to an explanatory model based on a sociomotivational concept of mentoring, and that the program has been evaluated according to an experimental design with control group. Afterwards, they elaborate on the results by listing their positive impact: higher levels of self-determined motivation and motivation, positive impact on the youths’ relationships with their parents and teachers as well as a higher success rate. In concluding, the authors outline the repercussions of their study, e.g. a critical look at a support measure’s efficiency, the advantages of this measure in terms of academic prevention in sciences and support for the advancement of the orientation process, as well as the availability of the material needed to implement the MIRES program in institutions for purposes of transferring the expertise.
- Aide à l'apprentissage - Québec (Province) - Québec, Région de.
- Étudiants du collégial - Motivation
- Étudiants en sciences - Motivation
- Étudiants en sciences, Services aux - Québec (Province) - Québec, Région de
- Mentorat en éducation - Québec (Province) - Québec, Région de
- Pédagogie collégiale
- Persévérance aux études (Sciences)
- Sciences - Étude et enseignement (Collégial) - Québec (Province) - Québec, Région de
The Centre de documentation collégiale (CDC) offers an extensive collection of documents on college-level education and on education in general, produced by professionals in leading facilities and organizations.