Journal Pédagogie collégiale
Journal Pédagogie collégiale
The journal Pédagogie collégiale is published quarterly in fall, winter, spring, and summer. It addresses predominantly people who practice pedagogy (administrators, teachers, and non-teaching professionals) within the Québec college network, as well as pedagogues from other teaching networks.
Pédagogie collégiale is a “beacon” for players in the field of higher education. It seeks, among others, to guide pedagogical intervenors at college level, to shed light on interventions by presenting rich and varied information, and to forecast major changes coming in the field of education. Pédagogie collégiale is also a reflection anchored in reality, attesting to the practices of those who work in the college environment. Lastly, it serves as a stimulant by proposing and initiating various paths leading to reflection and action.
Articles are published in French in the printed version of the journal. However, the editorial board welcomes articles written in English. If these articles are accepted, they will be translated into French and published in the printed version of the journal. They will be published in their original English version on this website. The AQPC also translates in English many articles and every abstract, and posts them on the Web.
These services are funded by Québec's ministère de l'Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur, through contributions from the Canada-Québec Agreement on Minority-Language Education and Second-Language Instruction.
The journal Pédagogie collégiale addresses predominantly people who practice pedagogy (administrators, teachers, and non-teaching professionals) within the Québec college network, as well as pedagogues from other teaching networks.
Pédagogie collégiale embraces the following goals:
- To support professional insertion and contribute to the development of a professional identity for teachers and supervisory or management personnel who intervene in pedagogical affairs;
- To promote and improve the standing of collegial research, in particular through the publication of pedagogical research results and by informing readers about current trends in research;
- To support the dissemination of pedagogical and educational practices;
- To encourage the creation of links between theory and practice by presenting current practices as well theoretical elements, thus supporting the construction of a pedagogical framework conducive to reflection among all categories of personnel intervening in pedagogical matters;
- To make sure that pedagogy has its place in the public debate concerning colleges;
- To support pedagogical innovation in higher education. Pédagogie collégiale remains open on an ideological level and offers the opportunity to express divergent viewpoints. Its source of inspiration comes from various schools of thought, both national and international—all of which enables the magazine to remain first and foremost a prominent and stimulating vehicle promoting pedagogical information, exchanges, and reflection.
Pédagogie collégiale remains open on an ideological level and offers the opportunity to express divergent viewpoints. Its source of inspiration comes from various schools of thought, both national and international —all of which enables the journal to remain first and foremost a prominent and stimulating vehicle promoting pedagogical information, exchanges, and reflection.
Rubrics of the journal Pédagogie collégiale are:
- Shared Practice
- Research in Education
- Reflections on Education
- Documented Practice -New-
- Suggested Reading
- College and Society
Educational theme files
Once a year, the journal publishes in one issue articles related to a specific theme. For these thematic files, the editorial committee usually launches a call for articles around October, with a deadline in January and publication in May.
In the 'Journal' Section...
- Search for an article
- Submit an article
- About the editorial committees
- Subscribe to the journal
- Advertise in the journal
The summary of every issue
Subscribe to the journal
Individual members of AQPC receive the journal Pédagogie collégiale (4 issues in a year), free of charge. Associate members can receive from 15 to 200 copies, depending on the category selected. To subscribe to the journal without becoming a member, individuals may contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or 514 328-3805) or subscribe online using PayPal.